March 7: The new trend of releasing draft manifestos by the Telugu Desam and the Praja Rajyam on Saturday has come under the Election Commission (EC) scanner.
Maintaining that new trends have been emerging in the state election scenario, the chief electoral officer (CEO), Dr I.V. Subba Rao, told mediapersons that the EC had been examining the validity of such moves when the election code of conduct was in force.
The CEO said he had obtained the video footage of the Chief Minister’s interaction with media on Friday.
“We will examine the content,” Dr Rao said.
Meanwhile, the TD dashed off a complaint against Union home minister, Mr P. Chidambaram, for criticising its poll promises and announcing mobile phones for fishermen in coastal villages when he came to the city on Friday.
Earlier, the finance minister, Mr K. Rosaiah, met the CEO and complained against the release of draft manifestos.
A delegation of the Left and TD leaders met the CEO and complained against removal of flag posts and memorials built in memory of party workers under the guise of implementing the poll code.
Labels
- 2009 polls (338)
- Alliances (1)
- APpolitics (10)
- Reporter's notebook (1)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment