Hyderabad, April 11: Film actor and Telugu Desam’s star campaigner, Balakrishna, has run into trouble for reportedly asking voters to accept the money offered by the Congress and cast their vote for the TD.
The Chief Electoral Officer, Dr I.V. Subba Rao, on Saturday said he would examine the actor’s speech and take appropriate action if it was against the model code of conduct.
“So far I have not come across Balakrishna’s speech,” he said. “I will seek a report on this from the officials concerned and examine it. If he said that, we will initiate action against him.” Earlier, the Rajahmundry MP and the Congress leader, Mr Vundavalli Arun Kumar, had submitted a memorandum to the CEO seeking action against the Telugu daily, Eenadu, for publishing a caste based political analysis on the Rajahmundry Lok Sabha segment, from where he is contesting.
Mr Arun Kumar alleged that the newspaper had published that report only to influence the voters and it leads to violation of the code of conduct.
Mr Rao disclosed that Mr D. Srinivas, PCC president, had on Saturday sent a written reply to the Election Commission of India, over his recent remarks on a social group.

No comments:
Post a Comment