Hyderabad, Nov. 26: The Chief Electoral Officer, Mr I.V. Subba Rao, said on Wednesday said the draft electoral rolls of the state would be released on December 3. He told mediapersons that applications for changes in the draft rolls would be received till December 18. Mr Subba Rao asked all the nine registered political parties in the state to send their representatives to the special booth level meetings that would be conducted on December 13 and 14 to verify the genuineness of the rolls.
"It is the responsibility of every political party to ensure that the bogus voters are eliminated from the lists," he said. "Duplication of voters in the list would be rectified by using special software." The final electoral rolls will be released on January 10 after thorough verification.
Applications submitted after this would be included in the supplementary lists. Mr Subba Rao said that 95 per cent of eligible voters had been enrolled in 294 constituencies and enrollment was as high as 98 per cent in Krishna and West Godavari districts.
There was also good response from voters to the drop boxes installed in the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation limits. More than 30,000 applications for inclusion into electoral rolls had been submitted through drop boxes and 32,000 through e-register. The pilot project of enrollment through post offices also turned out to be a success with 40,000 applicants using the facility. For the first time, election authorities had decided to involve postmasters at the verification meetings, he said.

No comments:
Post a Comment